These 100% Oak Premium Hardwood Pellets have been carefully selected for their superior quality and contain Oak Hardwood Lump, no bark or other woods are used making them ideal to use as a substrate for growing mushrooms.
Sourced from Ecologically & Sustainably Managed Forestry this Oak Pellet is also commonly used as a Heat Source in BBQ or Pizza Cooking and are classed as 'Food Grade'. This indicates & elevates the material quality beyond that used in Boiler Heating Pellets which are a much lower grade, often including bark and rotten wood.
Pellet Manufacturing Process
- Oak Heartwood Lump wood is selected. No Bark or other woods are used.
- The wood is Pulverized. The 'mashed' wood material is Pelleted under great pressure. The material is extruded. This process creates considerable Heat.
- Under Pressure & Heat the wood material exudes Lignin which binds the wood fibers together and gives a slight shine to the Pellet
- The whole process sanitizes the Oak material
- 100% Oak Pellets are produced
How much does Delivery cost?
We subsidise our postage and packing costs to keep our prices as low as possible and use a 'next working day from dispatch' service as standard to help make the ordering process seamless.
Our delivery prices are all based on the total weight, including packaging, and destination of your order. All delivery charges will be worked out automatically and displayed below your chosen products when you click 'Checkout'. Please make sure you select the correct country or region when placing your order. If chosen incorrectly we will not be able to fulfil your order.
Large vs Small Orders
Small orders are orders that weigh less than 110Kg or contain less than 6 items, delivery price from £2.90. These orders will be dispatched by parcel courier. Large orders over 110Kg and containing 6 items or more will be dispatched by pallet network from £30.00
Please see our detailed list of delivery costs